Perhaps it can't buy you love, but enough money can buy you all kinds of influence, as Pacific Standard's reporting has found. It's an important lesson to keep in mind this election season.
Here's a short list of things that we've documented multimillionaires buying:
- Wording on legislation, and a 12.5 percent chance of meeting with a Congressperson when you email them
- Way better overall political representation in the United States
- Research on gun control
- Detailed health data from one in three adults in a former mill town
- Consulting services from a scandal-plagued Israeli prime minister
- A program aimed at making California run on 100 percent renewable energy
- A stake in an omniscient classroom
- Immortality? Maybe not ... yet.
However, even millions cannot buy you: