Membership in online forums and subreddits dedicated to men's rights, pick-up artistry, and involuntary celibacy (with usernames like Captainpayback):
- r/seduction, subreddit with tips on manipulating women
- pick-up-artist-forum.com, website with tips on manipulating women
- r/TheRedPill, subreddit about men's rights
- r/ForeverAlone, subreddit about involuntary celibacy
- Love-shy.com, website forum about involuntary celibacy
This sidebar originally appeared in the May/June 2015 print issue of Pacific Standard alongside "Reform of the Nerds, Starring Arthur Chu." The data, accurate at the time of publication, was collected from Reddit, love-shy.com, and the Guardian.
For more from Pacific Standard on the science of society, and to support our work, sign up for our email newsletter and subscribe to our bimonthly magazine, where this piece originally appeared. Digital editions are available in the App Store (iPad) and on Zinio (Android, iPad, PC/MAC, iPhone, and Win8), Amazon, and Google Play (Android).