Highlights you may have missed this week:
- "If You're Not Terrified by Climate Change, Just Consider the Great Barrier Reef," by Lane Severson
Climate change is set to erode the reef at a record pace. What used to take centuries is now happening in less than a generation.
- "After the Transgender Tipping Point," by Melissa Gira Grant
The exclusion and denial of trans lives gets imagined as something we've moved on from, while the everyday struggles that face trans people remain ignored.
- "Bringing Schools Into the 21st Century," by Rick Paulas
When EducationSuperHighway was founded in 2012, only five million students had high-speed broadband access. That number has now jumped to 25 million. What is the blueprint to the organization's success?
- "Why Kesha's Court Case Matters," by Allison Shapiro
How confronting her alleged abuser made Kesha a workers' rights activist.
- "A Moment of Silence for Antonin Scalia," by Rebecca Buckwalter-Poza
The Supreme Court has just lost its strongest voice. His sudden silence leaves a major void.