Highlights you may have missed this week:
- "The End of Solitary Confinement," by Jessica Pishko
What is California going to do with "the worst of the worst"?
- "Fair Chase and the Fight Against Drones," by Jimmy Tobias
A scrappy group of backcountry hunters wants to keep drones away from wildlife—and they're winning.
- "How Can I Teach When My Students Are Packing Guns?," by Keffrelyn D. Brown
Texas' new concealed-carry campus law will create an atmosphere of classroom standoff—and make it impossible to have certain conversations.
- "A 'Scandalous Club' for the 21st Century: The Messy Ethics of the Modern Advice Column," by Rhian Sasseen
Internet forums have diminished the authority of the advice columnist—and raised new questions about who's qualified to counsel strangers.
- "The Christian Vote on the Campaign Trail," by Allison Shapiro
Presidential hopefuls are wielding religion as a selling point.