The director of marketing will lead all marketing programs, consumer brand strategy, and social media planning to drive audience growth and user engagement, and position Pacific Standard as a thought-leader in public interest and in the policy media space. This person will be responsible for developing and executing Pacific Standard’s print and digital marketing, audience development strategy, and events.
The ideal candidate would have experience with print and digital magazines, and be fluent in the use of all social platforms and analytics tools. She/he must be aware of the latest trends in digital marketing, advertising, content marketing, social media, and reader engagement. A demonstrated ability to grow audiences, strategize and lead marketing programs, and produce highly engaging and intelligent copy is essential. So is experience using analytics tools to benchmark and track growth and engagement.
This is a chance to be part of a deeply thoughtful team of award-winning reporters, editors, and designers who are passionate about the power of media to provide better policy solutions for issues around environmental, educational, economic, and social justice. This executive-level position will report to the publishing director.
- Establish an infrastructure in which print, digital, and social media marketing are fully integrated and equally responsible for revenue generation.
- Develop, execute and maintain marketing strategies, plans, and campaigns for new and existing programs that engage target audiences and enhance Pacific Standard’s local, national, and international visibility.
- Execute from beginning to end all marketing, advertising, and promotional activities for our publication, including digital, social and email, print campaigns, and sponsorships.
- Oversee the digital marketing and social media staff.
- Collaborate with various departments, including editorial, sales, and public relations to meet goals.
- Consistently seek, identify, and develop unique revenue-generating opportunities.
- Conduct market research, as needed, to determine market requirements for existing and future initiatives and Pacific Standard positioning; monitor, review, and report on all marketing activities and results.
- Write and edit marketing copy for website and for campaigns; prepare briefs for reports and public events.
- 7+ years of experience working in creative marketing, advertising, design, digital/social, or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multichannel marketing campaigns and expand readership.
- Exceptional project management skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects and priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Sound judgment, and decision-making and team-building skills.
- Flexible attitude; keen on recognizing and seizing unplanned opportunities.
- Excellent writing and communication skills; proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Passion for the Pacific Standard mission.
To apply, please include the following in an email to Geane DeLima at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A short and conversational cover letter with at least one suggestion on what Pacific Standard could be doing better.
- Salary requirements