This list first appeared in the
of Pacific Standard. (Photo: The Vorhees)
1. If illegal immigrants left the workforce, America’s gross domestic product would drop by 3 percent over the next 10 years.
2. Barack Obama oversaw a record number of deportations during his presidency.
3. Toilet flushing accounts for 27 percent of the average American’s water consumption.
4. Terms like “beef” and “pork” create emotional distance between consumers and the animals they are preparing to eat.
5. Popular and classical music produce different response patterns in our brains.
6. Twenty-nine percent of American Jews identify as Republican.
7. Since 9/11, the number of border barriers around the world has skyrocketed.